Lions have made donations to many projects during 2016/17 here are a few examples…
- Local Brownies
- Local Guides
- Local Scouts
- Organised transportation to & from Tuby’s Fair for children from special needs schools
- Local PHAB
- D of E Award scheme
- Transport to & from Gateway Club for local Mencap residents
- Fire Brigade Charity
- Johnson Hospital League of Friends
- Purchase of a supply of ‘Message in a Bottle’ bottles for distribution locally.
- This current year we have also donated to the Yorkshire flood appeal
- Water Aid Projects
- Eye Health Projects
Thank you all very much for your support, we could not do this without your help.
Pictured above: All the fun of the Fair
As part of our community projects Program during October, we arrange with Roger Tuby’s Fun Fair for an afternoon of fun giving disabled children free rides at the fair.
Mini bus loads of children arrive with their carers to enjoy the afternoon.
something we have been doing for over 20 years.
Pictured above: Painting the play group up at Monks House School
Some of our Lions decided to smarten up one of the local play groups.
Materials and paint was begged from local suppliers.
Lion Jim was so impressed with his work, we think he was ready to move in!